Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Classic visits the "Classic".

I was doing some work around the club lawn this morning in preparation for an outdoor wedding that is being held at Glen Echo this evening. As I looked up from my work, I saw this long, beautiful classic car enter the grounds of this classic course. I thought at first it was for the bride and groom to ride into after their marriage. Come to find out it is a classic car club that is holding a function at the club this fall and a couple of the members were doing a pre-visit. They were doing some photography work to use in sending out information to their members regarding the event.
I snapped a couple of pictures as well. It is a 1927 Rolls Royce. The gentleman who owned the vehicle said that he was doing some research about the club from back in 1927 and he found information regarding Glen Echo members from the 20's who were also involved in the club. It is a right hand drive car.

No comments: