- Weedeating around the bunkers about a foot to trim the grass.
- Use a reciprocating blade on the steeper banks to cut the runners or the edge of the turf back.
- On the shallow side of the bunker, a spade shovel must be used to dig down deep enough to cut the runners.
- The material is pulled out by hand and or rakes.
- The bunkers have all foreign material blown out of them.
- Sand is pushed by the bunker rake from the low end of the bunkers to the upper ends to redistribute the sand and to help place sand on the faces that have washed down..
- If additional sand is needed, it is added to the bunker.
- The bunkers are raked and the edges are hand raked to provide a smooth finished look.
- Utilize a PGR(Plant growth regulator) to reduce the growing habit of the runners.
|Jeff using a spade shovel to cut the runners on the less severely sloped areas of the bunker.|
|Jeff and Demarcus blowing the foreign material out of the bunkers.|
|Tom Lewis raking the bunker and Joe Scanio waiting to rake the edge smooth.|