Thursday, February 17, 2011

GCSAA Conference and Industry Show


I spent four days in Orlando last week attending the GCSAA's Annual Education Conference and Golf Industry Show.  Click on the preceding link for highlights and videos regarding the show.  As mentioned in an earlier post, I was also given the opportunity to make a presentation Friday morning.  A lot of work but a great honor and thrill to be asked to present in front of my peers. 

The show encompasses educational presentations from university turf researchers, superintendents, motivation talks from nationally acclaimed speakers and the USGA.  A 2 day trade show with vendors from services and all types of products used on the golf course. This conference is one of the highlights of my off season.  Education, networking with my peers/vendors and enjoying some warm weather made for a great week. I also receive education points for attending the conference which is used to renew my Certified Golf Course Superintendent status every five years.  The show raises my energy level and motivates me to get the season started even though weather can still be suspect for a few more weeks.

 I appreciate the opportunity that the club gives me in attending this great conference. 

No comments: