Saturday, March 9, 2013

Happy Anniversary to Elizabeth

Its been 11 years today on a blustery March day that Beth accepted a journey with me.  Wow, what a journey it has been!!!  I'm definitely not the easiest human to live with and the mentality of a golf course superintendent who never believes there is enough hours in a day to accomplish just one more thing gets the best of me way too often.  At times, its the fear of not doing that one last thing to prevent a total catastrophe, which could ultimately lead to death and destruction of our greens. In most situations that is not true but there is always that fear in the back of one's mind.

The calls she receives saying I will be home at fill in the blank and hours later she knows I've still not left.  Rising early, going to bed early, not being able to make the normal plans as others on the weekends or to schedule activities too far in advance is difficult but it is the job we have and the life we choose.  Not necessarily the life she chose but you know what I mean.  We are lucky as a couple that our membership at Glen Echo allows and encourages us to be a part of not just the work of the club but also to enjoy some of the pleasures of the club.  I might be foolish at times but not a fool, I know the two ladies in my life are my best assets, Beth and Lady.

So as I move into another year of marriage to my wife and working at this great club, here's a toast to Beth that I will arrive at home in a more timely manner more often than not and to you our membership for another healthy year and great experiences at Glen Echo!  










No comments: