Saturday, May 4, 2013

Our little corner of Augusta National

Late blooming this season is what I call our little corner of Augusta National, next to the 7th tee.  The Azaleas are in bloom as is the Flowering Dogwood and the Japanese Maple's color is a vibrant deep red.  I believe this is the only spot on the property with azaleas, one of my favorite plants.

  Could be that the first house that our family owned when I was about 3 was one my grandfather built on Azalea Lane in Cape.  He built the one across the street which gave me the opportunity to see him daily and have coffee breaks.  Loved those times.

  Notice the larger light purple azalea.  This plant was dug up from the old mound in front of the clubhouse last winter in the area of the Pierson Plaza.  Quite remarkable that the plant survived the transplant and last season's extreme weather.  I know Mr Pierson would marvel at its blooming during his walks each spring.  A little heavenly intervention I'm sure took place to help this plant.


No comments: