Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies out there taking care of the boys and girls in their lives.  We could not make it without your love, care and concern.

A special thanks to my mom and the care she has given me over the years, of course that care has not stopped since I've left home!  Still has to shoosh me from time to time when I'm out in public and begin to get a little carried away.

Also to my wife Elizabeth for her strength to stand in front of the train from time to time that is Joe.  Sometimes exhaustion mixed with pure stupidity makes it difficult for my partner in life.  She recently lost a life long friend and has been taking care of her mother at our home in what will be the final stages of independent living is very difficult.  In the end as many have faced, she's been pretty much the support person for her mom for many years now, Dr. visits, administrative duties and anything else that has been needed.  Sometimes I won't be seen at the club late in the day as I have been in the past in an effort to help her with our current family situation.  Its the least I can do for the long leash of support she has given me over the years.

Mom-in-law Fleta who at 97 years young shows great courage under some difficult circumstances that the age above can bring.  Put a few scratch offs in front of her and Family Feud reruns and you will barely get a look once she's in her wheelhouse concentrating on those numbers.

No comments: