Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wildlife

(I've tried editing the alignment for this post but something is not allowing my changes to take place. I apologize for this problem.)
A number of nice sightings in the last few days on the golf course.

I noticed bluebirds a couple of weeks ago between 12 and 13. I decided to check the nest boxes and hit the jackpot in the 3rd box from the bottom. 4 eggs. I did also see a nest in the box at the top of the row of nest boxes just below 11 tee. I will keep an eye on it for potential eggs.
















I was driving by the small lake on 10 and saw this great site. 10-11 new mallard ducks floating around with momma.
Here they are doing a little dipping and diving for some food.
Swimming into the sunset away from Lady and I.
Assistant Skip called me the other morning and told me he spotted something on the wall of the pump house which faces to the west. The wall was probably warm from the day before and the evening got down into the upper 40's that night. Can you spot the brown object clinging to the wall?
Close up of what only a mother could love. Little brown bat stretched out and taking a siesta at about 10:00 a.m.
I went back after lunch and the little guy was gone. I know there are always concerns about bat's being rabid but I think they do our world a lot more good than bad. Our mosquito population would over run us if they weren't doing their thing at night.
Here is some more information on Missouri bats.

No comments: