Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tennis Anyone?

This season, the grounds crew staff is performing the work to remove the old clay from the tennis courts, replace with fresh clay, smooth, roll and place the tapes on the refurbished courts.
As I've made my trips by the courts the last couple of weeks, I've reminded my assistants of our need to begin this work. In a way, I was reminding myself. Well, today about mid-morning, our staff begin the effort to refurbish the clay tennis courts. As we continue our work over the next week as weather allows, I will post updated pictures of our efforts.

Below, you can see the loose or dead clay which must be removed.


















Assistant Mike, Teddy, Armando and Giovanni are blowing the material into piles so it can be removed and hauled away.
















Teddy is blowing the material to the end of the court. You can see the firm part of the surface in the foreground which will stay in place.

















Teddy and Giovanni are scooping the material up and placing it into a wheel barrow. The material is hauled into the background where it was loaded into the front loader.


















You can see the piles of material that need to be removed.
















Updates early next week.

No comments: