Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Elvis has left the building or nest(The Juvenile Hawk)

Should have named him weeks ago when we first spotted Elvis but better late than never.  Elvis left his nest this past week.  He's been gone for a few days now but we still hear him call out from the trees.  I think I saw him down on the ground behind 1 green and along the path to 17 as well.  This afternoon, I caught him hanging out in the Siberian Elm on the right side of #1 green.  I'm glad now we did not cut that tree down until this coming winter so he could perch on a limb and we are able to watch him experience the new world.

Elvis appears to be on the upper right branch and I think Mom( but could be dad) is down in the middle of the tree next to the trunk.
A couple of limbs in the way of Elvis. but you can see him pretty clearly.  He's about 1/2 the size of the other bird.  Keep your eyes out around #1 green because that seems to be there favorite perching area.

No comments: