Friday, September 28, 2012

At Least the Ryder Cup takes your mind off of the rain!

As I rose from bed this morning, the anticipation of starting our project again after a couple days off from rain was exciting.  To my surprise, one of my contract guys text that he was coming in even though it was raining in Bridgeton.  I looked out my window and saw a wet street.  Checked the computer and found 2/10" of rain already recorded in the last hour.  As I'm driving in I'm convincing myself that its not that much rain and we can work.  Parking my truck and seeing our dirt pile glistening with mud, I knew we were finished again.  4/10" of rain today delayed us for the 3rd day in a row.  The rain finally quit so we went out and rolled out 350 yards of big roll sod on the ground and another 4 pallets in the back parking lot to allow them to breath and cool off.  We sent our contract laborers home and got busy doing things on the golf course to catch up with some of our detail work.    

The only good thing about the wet conditions was that I went home at quitting time and got to watch our boys battle the Euros in the Ryder Cup.  Great playing and a beautiful golf course.  Some sunshine this afternoon and a drying wind will allow the staff to get some work done tomorrow on #9 and Kye intends to do some work on #18.  The forecast looks good so far next week so it will be some long days next week to catch up.  We intend to move to the left side of #6 and left side of #4 and then on to #7.  I would expect Kye will be on by Wednesday or Thursday.  Our staff should get #18 complete by WednesdayThursday, one day each for #6 and #4.

No comments: