We have not mowed and let carts off paths because the turf/soil is still slightly soft and I felt we needed a couple more days of warm, dry weather before both my equipment and carts could go off paths without causing injury to our zoysia.
We appreciate your cooperation during the dormant period of the season for our zoysia fairways. There could be some areas that will not handle traffic for the next few weeks where you might be directed by signs or stakes and rope for you to remain out of these areas. Roped areas are set up to protect the turf and our members. No carts including red flaged carts should enter a roped area.
Areas which could potentially be excluded could include:
- Bottom of the hill on 3 to the pull off area.
- Approach of #8 on the north side of the road.
- The bottom of the hill on #10 to the green.
- #12 at the start of the fairway and around the 150 yard mark to bottom of the hill.
- Right side of the trees on #2.
- Right of the cart path on #3.
- The entrance to the fairway in front of the red tee on #4.
- Left of the cart trail on # 7 along the tees to #5.
- Right side of #8 approach in the trees.
- #10 in front of white tees to the lake and on both sides of right cart path until it crosses the lake.
- Right side 10 rough before 15 tee next to the lake.
- #12 between red tee and fairway and the bottom of the hill at about 125 yds from green on both sides of the fairway.
- Far right side rough #12 along prairie grass area(I've been stuck mowing)
- #13 bottom right of the fairway which we hope to address in the next few weeks.
- Between # 15 & #16 once you cross the dam for about 75 yards on the right.
- #16 to the lower right of the green approach.